Fall Prevention Resource Guide
Comprehensive fall prevention includes physical activity, medical management, vision care, and home and environmental modifications. The San Diego Fall Prevention Task Force has developed this on-line resource guide to give you contact information for local providers and community programs.
All resources provide specific Fall Prevention Services throughout San Diego.
Exercise Programs & Classes
Fall Prevention Websites
Durable Medical Equipment
Medical Alert Systems
Home Modification Programs
Home Health Agencies (Medicare-certified)
Home Care Agencies
Other Fall Prevention Resources
Before using a service, especially inside the home, family caregivers and the older adults themselves need to take some steps to ensure safety. Our list of fall prevention resources is a registry only, and inclusion here does not imply an endorsement. We suggest that you call three services -- checking them out is your responsibility.
Here are some tips for protecting yourself:
- Ask if the person/business has a business license.
- Check with the San Diego Better Business Bureau, (858) 496-2131, to see if there are any complaints against the business.
- Check with Elder Law and Advocacy, (858) 565-1392, to see if there are any complaints.
- If you suspect fraud or a scam, contact the District Attorney's office, (619) 531-3507.
- Ask the company for several references and check them out.
- Chat on the phone with a representative of the company for a minute or two. If your gut says the match isn't good, go with that feeling.
- Make sure you are clear about prices for the services.
- Local Fall Prevention Resources